Friday, July 16, 2010

A Kindred Spirit

Images © Robert Harris Photography
As I photographed Jarrett for his Senior Portraits, I found that there are alot of similarities in our lives. As with Jarrett, I grew up with two older sisters, played outfield for the same high school and volunteered for our local emergency services. To top it off, we have both spent time working on a tobacco farm. Even though I am a few years older than Jarrett and live in Richmond, I found myself reliving a few memories of growing up in my hometown.

For Jarrett's Senior portraits, we stood in left field at the local high school (the turf was in great shape!), he also donned his turn out gear and shared a moment with his sisters who he obviously adores. Thanks again Jarrett; a kindred spirit, it was good to stand in the outfield with you!

6 comments:

Shannah said...

Thanks so much for a wonderful session with Jarrett yesterday. I think you truly captured some of his favorite things yesterday--baseball and firefighting. He really enjoyed the shots at the baseball field--probably because thats where he has grown up pretty much all his life! Thanks again for everything--the pictures are just perfect!!

Laura Kirkland said...

We will cherish Jarrett's senior pictures forever! You did such an amazing job and I know everyone will love them!

Anne said...

Robert as always the pictures are excellent! I always enjoy reading your commentary and this one took me down memory too. Great memories.

Unknown said...

Looks more like a model's portfolio than senior portraits. You are da man, Robert.

Robert Harris Photography said...

Thank you for your kind words.

Jenn said...

Beautiful work very nice and a nice young man to photography too!

Jenn
https://www.momentsofelegance.com