Friday, May 21, 2010

Vacation and Family Time




Images © Robert Harris Photography

Many moments come to mind when I think about my family. Some of the best memories have come when we all "gear down" and spend time together on vacation. With the girls now young adults and Ashley engaged to be married, it seemed extra special to take what will probably be our last vacation with just the four of us.

A cruise was never on my radar however at the suggestion of the rest of the family we decided to drive to Jacksonville and set sail to the Bahamas for five days of R&R and beautiful sunsets. We ate and soaked up the sun (I was nicknamed the "sunburn police") while enjoying the many activities on board the ship. To be brief; it was the perfect vacation.

Once in Nassau I was content to soak in the busy street life while Wanda and the girls shopped. On our drive back home from Jacksonville, I glanced over the front seat to witness what I have seen since Ashley and Katie were toddlers,two girls totally spent and asleep with their heads just inches from each other. Only difference is they are'nt children anymore...they are all grown up.

Ohh.. looking forward to what lies ahead. As my grandmother used to say as she sat quietly smiling during family gatherings, "I'm making a memory"

2 comments:

Cory said...

Sniff, sniff.

Anne said...

Wow Robert you made me cry! I know what you mean though. Great pictures/memories.