Monday, January 26, 2009

Leigh Lambert

Leigh and her mother, Sylvia


Leigh Lambert...I first met Leigh when she was 4 years old. Her father, a pharmacist in South Hill (my hometown) asked that I photograph his daughter's four year old birthday party in their front yard. (I used to buy my film from his drug store; the only place to buy b/w film in town back then) I was a teenager and had just bought my first camera (Nikkormat FT3) by helping my brother-in-law in the tobacco field in the summer and working part-time in the local grocery store. Leigh's birthday party was in her front yard where, this past year her wedding took place (30 years later). Leigh has an infectious personality and she definitely enjoyed her wedding day. Her Dad's old "Junk Truck" was immaculate (rust and all) and was specially fitted to accommodate Leigh and her husband, Erik for their ride to the reception a few miles away.

I think its safe to say that Leigh is one of my longest standing clients...but she is not as shy as she was when she was 4 years old....

No comments: