Monday, August 4, 2008

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Katie and Tim are the couple featured in this once in a lifetime photograph captured in June at the River Course of the Country Club of Virginia. As we arrived at the reception, this full rainbow appeared in a spectacular display. We only needed moments to enjoy the view and capture this image which can never be repeated. I once told an accomplished photographer that I often felt "lucky" to capture some of images that appeared in front of me. He thoughtfully responded, "You have to be prepared to take advantage of luck." That may be true. In this case, however, I feel this image was a "gift" not only for me, but for Katie and Tim and now for all of you to enjoy.

2 comments:

Barbara Merritt said...

I am Tim's mom. When Tim saw the rainbow, he turned to me and said the only other time he had seen such a rainbow (it was a double rainbow) was one time when he wias with my mother, who is now deceased. He told me that in that rainbow, he knew Grandma was there with them. It still gives me chills!

Robert Harris Photography said...

Barbara, All of us that saw the rainbow knew it was special. We are happy this brings fond memories to Tim of his Grandmother.